Aug 23, 2010

Fucking Awesome Fest ( a la Detroit) w/ Deadbeat Beat, Conspiracy of Owls, Millions of Brazilians, The Greenhornes (!)

-Many thanks to all those involved in bringing me down to shoot this festival. ALL those. OK.

-Very nice to see all those RAD Detroit friends I haven't seen in lo these long months. You know who you are.

-Deadbeat Beat is so great! I love the hazy sun bleached sound they got going on. You need to listen to Conspiracy of Owls if you haven't already, imagine a way more psychedelic version of The Go...unless that is you haven't heard the Go either, in which case you have homework. Also, Millions of Brazilians are so insanely high energy,I wasn't ready for it. I was all in a haze of cheap beer and trying to find friends that all of a sudden I was pummeled by them. Should have seen it coming though, Augie is one hell of a performer.

-The Greenhornes!!! It's been 5 years since they played, and with this re union show they have solidified my awesome summer of Ohio Band Reunion Shows (see also: Henry & June Reunion..).

The first time I saw them was in Detroit at the one-off Rock City Festival in 2004, and though time has certainly changed the dynamic of the band: Craig still sounds awesome, Little Jack actually moves around now ( thanks to the Jack White School Of Stage Presence?), there were a couple new members, one thing remains the same: Patrick Keeler is still one my favorite drummers ( don't worry Ben Swank, I still luv ya!). See this video for proof of what I've said.

--- OK: the other thing that remains the same is that obviously the band is Fucking Awesome, and that should be the only correlation between the name of the festival and the actual awesomeness therein.

See all you guys again in a couple weeks for Zee Ah Ses*!! This time I demand a pizza themed party on Belle Isle. I will borrow someone's bike again?

Also, potentially will be in NYC in 2 weeks.
==============================================


Deadbeat Beat





Conspiracy Of Owls








The lovely Action Boy named TJ G.

Millions of Brazilians





The Greenhornes











===========================
*This means Thee Oh Sees.