Jun 22, 2011

NXNE 2011

Here we have my favorite photos taken for NXNE in Toronto. This year was totally fun!

Seeing METZ play in the middle of Yonge & Dundas Square was surreal. Inepsy destroyed at the Vice party. Steve McDonald ( of Redd Kross and OFF!) playing bass on "Annette's Got the Hits" with Ty Segall on the boat cruise was one of the best things my brain has ever processed. The 60+ person choir performing at Tim McCready's BBQ was so rad. The Sky Bar rooftop party, also rad. And DEVO...just Devo.

I was bummed I missed Heavy Cream and Pujol, but my legs can only bike so much in a day. The person who stole my gear must be having a bummer karma flow about now too. Whatever dude, just don't sell it for beer money.

I lost my voice, my keys ( temporarily) and some gear; my phone went into a black hole and I drank faaar too much at Wrongbar-but it was such a fun hurricane. Not so much fun for Ty's chipped front tooth though...yikes.
( this one's called "Too Much Whiskey To Shoot Well")

===========================
DAY THE FIRST

↓YONGE/DUNDAS
←METZ
←RUSTY (yeah!!)
↓ FUCKED UP

↓ OFF!

← VICE PARTY w/ BAD SPORTS, INEPSY

-------------------------
DAY THE SECOND

TIM McCREADY'S BBQ w/
↓ELL V GORE
← The 5-0

←SARAH + BUCK 65 + ???
←ANDREA +CHOIR!CHOIR!CHOIR!

← DJ SCUDMORE + KASIA
BIBLICAL!

↓TEENANGER + TY SEGALL @ SKYBAR rooftop party


← MATTERS @ ???
↓TY SEGALL @ WRONGBAR
← CHICK/JON/SWIMMS!



--------------------------
DAY THE THIRD

M for MONTREAL boat cruise around the Toronto harbor w/
UNCLE BAD TOUCH( sooo great!!) & TY & 500+ Real Great People
More Ty
↓I was denied entrance to the photo pit for DEVO but still experienced them excitedly from afar.
↓CROCODILES @ the SILVER DOLLAR

← 3am crowd at the BOVINE SEX CLUB

There will be some really choice cuts in the next issue of the ILP books. Be forewarned.

VERY special thanks to Patrick and Ryan at NXNE HQ

XOXO