Sep 3, 2009

SO, YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GO TO SAN FRANCISCO

First things first, stay away from the hostel I stayed at for a day until a friend arrived in town and we we're able to stay with the super nice Roland Weinstein. Dude has the first canvas Pollack ever dripped on IN HIS EXERCISE ROOM.

Secondly, keep a close eye on the people offering you whiskey at 3 am in exchange for weed. I'd rather not trade. This city was so awesome. I ruined my poorly adapted calf muscles by the 3rd day, but it really was worth it. Absolutely love the city. Awesome people, pizza, and parks.

The hippies in Golden Gate Park were infinitely more amusing than any of the Montreal grubs who make thier way to the Queen and Bathurst area of Toronto.

Ty Segall at Amoeba was killer, and I'm sure his show with the Dirtbombs was wicked to, however due to circumstances only half my fault ( a first!), I ended up missing half that show. It was a pretty great coincidence that city/house mates Holy Fuck were playing while I was down, so I was all about checking that show out. Tons of Fun.

ANYWAYS, i've had a long damn day flying from SFO to HOU to YYZ. I had some delicious airline food-flavored cardboard and shelled out for a G&T on the final stretch. Once the jet lag runs out i'm gonna sleep so intensely that some idiot could write a fairy tale about it.

If you like the photos, let me know ( ivy@ivylovell.com) and i'll show you more. because i'm not uploading like 90 shots onto this thing.








HOLY FUCK



PARK


TY SEGALL


DIRTBOMBS





LOST ON THE BART ( outside Berkeley somewhere)
MUIR WOODS ( i'm tired and didnt resize these)