Mar 23, 2010

SXSW 2010

Toronto Ontario to Austin Texas. WITH-
7 people and gear. IN-
1 mini van. FOR-
40 hours each way.

TOP 3 HIGHLIGHTS:

BRONZE:
a paraplegic dude starting his own pit at a metal show

SILVER:
staying at a millionaire artists mansion by accident

GOLD:
a 15 year old Texan following me around for hours proclaiming his love and buying roses for me. Thanks to the California dudes for scaring him off, finally.

I took photos of less than half the shows I went to, a girls gotta party to y'know.

Best Shows:

-Oh Sees on the bridge at 3am
-Voivod playing for less than 100 people
-the whole Burger Records showcase
-DD/MM/YYYY at some crazy far out club on 7th st
- random all girl band that sounded like Bush League named Aye Aye Aye or something.

SUPER THANK YOU TO LITTLE GIRLS FOR TAKING ME ALONG WITH THEM!

Look, pa! Some photos!

First Night in Toledo






Day 2: backwoods Arkansas and Memphis






Finally in Austin: We slept in a millionaire artists mansion





Some photos from SXSW proper

Burger Records showcase at the awesome Trailer Space Records












Passed by Fucked Up playing outside...this is the rose that little kid bought me!



Thee Oh Sees on the Lamar Pedestrian Bridge at 3am









Walking around







The silliest art gallery I saw



this lil' dude can come home with me though! I'll name him George.


Voivod secret show!



If you know who this band is, let me know, because I have no idea. They we're pretty good.




I believe this is Santogold? I was boozing in the Fader fort with Jeff Boom while thee mighty Lullabye Arkestra we're being interviewed, and this chick was walking around wired on purple energy drank.


Over yonder, free Levi's..?

Thurston Moore is older than my father?




Quasi




Liars






in the Van
The day it snowed in Texas.



Last fucking Hotel!








Bottle Band!

LOTS OF FUN SEE YOU NEXT YEAR TOMORROW IS THE BIG PINK/ A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS SHOW MY MOUTH IS DYING FROM ALL THE HOT SAUCE I BOUGHT I AM BROKE.