Oct 26, 2011

THEE OH SEES w/Young Guv +DAVILA 666 w/ Sphinxs + OBITS w/ Metz

Firstly, sadly, the photos I took of the JACUZZI BOYS + TEENANGER are stuck in a memory card and not able to get out right now. I'm totally out of time right now or else I'd have gotten this situation remedied, but I leave for San Francisco tomorrow. My not being able to wait to get there is matched by the knowledge that the laws of physics apply to me and I have no choice in the matter...

MEANWHILE, gander on at these here beauts!

OH SEES + DAVILA were shot for Mark Pesci & the NOT DEAD YET FEST. Toronto's still alive.

THEE OH SEES are in my opinion the best live band in NorthAmericaCo. This show ruled. They played 2 new songs for an encore and Lars from the Intelligence was drumming along with the band. The Men and young Guv opened the show, they were both awesome.

DAVILA 666 may be the best from any unincorporated territory. Hometown greats The Sphinxs, with a new lineup, opened along with The Barreracudas and thee epic and fantastic WHITE MYSTERY. All 4 totally amazing bands, it was a really good show.

OBITS, apart from being a really good all star lineup band were also waaaay heavier than when I saw them last in Memphis en route to SXSW this year. It ruled. METZ, what can I say? I love the hell out of those guys and the band. They are one of our cities Golden Bands.
================================================
FRIDAY OCT 21 @ THE HORSESHOE
↓Young Guv ( BEN COOK)
←THE MEN
← THEE OH SEES!


SATURDAY OCT 22 @ THE SILVER DOLLAR

↓The Sphinxs

← White Mystery
← The Barreracudas
← DAVILA 666!


TUESDAY OCT 25 @THE RIVOLI

↓Homeboycrew METZ, possibly my fave?

←↓ 100% ♥ OBITS



XO

P.S: T.J Grech, are we still friends?